Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Gotta love guided reading!

This synonym search can be done during guided reading sessions.
Click HERE to print. This FREEBIE is included in a Guided Reading Pack.

Guided reading sessions with my students:
The first step is taking time to listen to each student read a leveled book.  This helps me divide my groups. 
This also helps me determine what their strengths and needs are.

Then, I try to do a guided reading session 3 to 5 times a week, while my other students are reading by themselves.

This allows me to help each student and work on strategies.  It also allows me to see important concepts before, during or after the lesson. Here are some examples:
predictions, story map, synonyms, idioms and more.

Click here to see more activities:

Guided Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment